Thursday, December 3, 2009

Balance

I have been having many ups and downs lately. Life has really been a roller coaster ride. I am human, therefore I do experience a variety of emotions. I have noticed that now I can return to peace much faster than I used to. I may have my weak moments but I do realize that it is happening and after allowing myself to have the feelings and then let them pass I can return to a place of stillness.

People keep talking about strength, and the strength it takes to go through these things that I am going through.  I do not see it as strength, because what choice do I have but to figure out some way to deal with it. Don't we all have things to deal with? Regardless of what it may be at the time we are experiencing it we have no choice but to experience it. The choice that we do have is how to experience it. We can choose to experience it with self pity or we can choose to experience it as an opportunity for expansion and growth. Sometimes we have a little of both, after all we are human, and this is a learning experience. That is the way I have chosen to look at the experiences that I have had today. Today I had moments of both. It seems that most days I choose expansion and growth but today I needed to experience both sides of what it means to be human.

As I was having my experience today I really connected with an old friend and through much conversation I remembered why I am here in this universe. Our conversation started with me talking about the goings on of my day but the more we talked and the more I let go I began talking more about her strengths as well as the strengths of others, pointing out the positive. As I did this all of my frustration began to melt away.

We are surrounded by good, sometimes it is hard to see but it is there. Everything is a choice, at least there is a choice in how we choose to perceive things. Life is hard, but it is also wonderful. We must find balance. This sounds simple but, it is so hard. No one can be a wonderful positive person all of the time, if they seem that way then it seems to me that they are fearful of showing the truth. I am most comforted when I see those that I think are so strong and so spiritual also have a human side. That is when I know that I am not alone on this journey, yes I am a strong person, I am usually the one holding others together but sometimes I need others as well, we all need others. This is a very important lesson to learn, for me it was a hard one.

Allow yourself to be open to all experiences the good and the bad. Allow yourself to have moments of strength as well as moments of weakness. You must allow yourself to have both in order to achieve balance.

Take time to tell others how you feel, life is too short to not be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment